Tuesday, March 8, 2011

From 11pm-6am

After surviving for over a year on between 2-4 hours of sleep each night, I think I finally reached my breaking point last week. No, I did not do anything to the baby, except for possibly have gotten her healthy enough that she can sleep through the night. For the past week I was so tired I could not think and barely functioned. But for the past couple nights, the baby has finally been getting sleep, which means I am getting sleep. She has been free of sickness for almost 2 weeks, which is the longest period of time for her since birth (over a year ago). And so last night I got, drumroll please, 7 hours of sleep. It felt heavenly and I awoke feeling energized.
I was up at 6 am this morning, and made a gourmet breakfast of french toast, fruit, and bacon. Okay, maybe not gourmet, but it was not Eggos or cold cereal. I cleaned the kitchen, made the beds, responded to work emails, and did a load of laundry before the preschool run at 8:45am. And I still had energy. I still went to Starbucks and got a chai tea latte, but because I wanted to, not because if I didn't have the caffeine there was a good chance I would fall asleep during storytime at the library.
Praying the good health and the sleeping continues. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment