Friday, October 2, 2015

What's It Been? 4 years?

Well hello hello! Wondering where I have been for the past 4 years? "It's been the best of times, it's been the worst of times." I have been raising my girls--the youngest was 1 when I last left you. Can I just tell you that reading back through my posts of how tired I was and how she was sick all of the time are so gratifying for me. My daughter was finally diagnosed last summer with PFAPA, periodic fever. This is something she has had since birth. Essentially once a month for about a week she is sick with a high fever (up to 105 F), aching joints, severe stomach pain, and mouth sores. Fun stuff. Now we know it is coming every month and we know why she never responded to antibiotics prescribed. So that has been a big part of my life the last 4 years, dealing with a child that is sick one week of every month. The other fun event has been dealing with my mother who was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's at the age of 64. She is now in assisted living and my day to day life is easier. That has been a learning adventure and I can happily dispense advice to anyone who may need it. My husband and I sold our landscaping company after 8 successful years. Honestly, we got tired of working all the time and are worried about the coming changes to minimum wage laws. I am happy to be back and ready to share stories of my life and good deals or products that I find. A rehabbed seal making it's way home...

No comments:

Post a Comment