Saturday, January 1, 2011
Today is January 1st, time for resolutions to be made and hopefully kept throughout the year. I have made many goals this year, some personal and some financial. I am hoping to use my blog to help hold myself accountable for keeping these resolutions.
Now before I tell you my resolutions let me give you some background. I love organization and making lists, seriously love it. There is nothing I like more than a fresh notebook ready for list-making or all of the bins and containers in the office supply store. The problem is although I love organization, I am not good at it. I am more of a person whose desk is filled with organized clutter. Those fresh notebooks with all of my lists usually end of lost after about 10 pages in. (My preschooler has not helped with my lack of organization as she is constantly swiping my notebooks, etc.) Anyway, on to the resolutions.
1. At the beginning of each month, take out $150 in cash for groceries and restaurants for the month. This is for a family of four and I honestly think this may be a little high because I use a large number of coupons. However any money that is left over at the end of the month can be used in whatever way hubby and I decide (date night).
2. Date night once a month. Seriously we need this badly, and this can include date night at home where we make a nice dinner after the kids go to bed and enjoy some wine.
3. Continue to work on building my blog.
4. Bring a list for planned trips to the grocery store to make shopping with coupons and children easier.
5. Keep mail in one centralized location. (I used to be great about this, but for some reason have become a terror.)
6. Save more money and work to eliminate remaining student loans.
Whew, I actually have more but I wrote them all down in my fresh 2011 notebook and ha, I can't find it at the moment.