Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 1: The No Spending Challenge




Ok, so I have a decent stockpile of food at my house and in effort to cut our bills even lower, we decided to spend no money this week and to eat from the pantry/freezer. The only exceptions on spending money are if we need gas for the car, paying regular household bills, or if an emergency arises.

So today was Day 1 and I woke up feeling horrible. After months of avoiding the flu and colds everyone else in the house have had, I am officially sick. So my cooking plans were pushed back. I contemplated having my hubby just go out and pick up something for dinner, but I decided to suck it up.
Day 1:
Breakfast: Oatmeal and banana
Lunch: Grilled cheese
Dinner: Whole wheat linguini with turkey meatballs

I baked some lemon poppyseed muffins last night to have for breakfasts/snacks during the week. I have two loaves of bread rising right now for sandwiches, etc. for the week. I have leftover turkey meatballs that I made for meatball sandwiches later this week. I feel like I am doing pretty well and glad I didn't put off the start date and I am excited to have more space in my freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment